November 3, 2010

Portals

God has told me that my outdoor "en plein air" paintings are portals.
If I look at them, it feels like I've been transported to that spot. And I know -- I know -- deep in my heart that I did not paint them. There's no way I could paint something with such a timeless quality as a portal. God is in each of my paintings, for His glory and His purpose. I'm just a paintbrush in the Artist's hands, and I'm a very happy paintbrush. :)
It's my passion to share these portals with God's beloved children. I want to paint outdoors and then give the painting to whoever God puts on my heart. That's the desire of my heart. God has a purpose for these portals that surround me in my room. Just like the artists since the beginning of Christianity have done, I wish for my artwork to help usher a person into God's throne room, where they sit at Jesus's feet and talk with him through worship.
I can only hope these portals can bring them there.
Let's face it: having a real conversation with Jesus Christ changes your life forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment