March 19, 2009

March 19

http://www.edvard-munch.com/gallery/wood/heart_wood.htm

Edvard Munch is one of my favorite artists. I used his idea, with my own spin on it. :) It doesn't look as good as his does...the woman he created looks more warm and soft with her heart. Mine looks...possessive. :\ Not what I was going for, but I'll just re-draw it sometime.

"Love isn't love that isn't given away." -Unknown
It's hard for me to love. Not romantically, but generally. I go through lots of days where I sit inside and frown at the world as it passes by. I pity the people I come across, or am disgusted by them. It's hard for me to love them, as Christ loves them. I'm learning to get over my cynicism, though...I've got the best teacher around. "Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls." -Matt. 11:29

1 comment:

  1. I really like this drawing, I like Munch alot we a have a print of "The Scream".

    Agape love like how God loves us is hard for me also. I have to work at it, I long for the day when it is second nature.

    ReplyDelete