I've gotten into the habit of putting a bluish-gray wash onto the canvas before I start painting. Otherwise I put some heavy paint on the plain white canvas and you can see the white behind the paint...and that irks me. >:( It looks amateur to have the bare canvas showing in my opinion, unless you're Edvard Munch. Then it's just brilliant. :D Yes, art is that fickle. It looks good on some; on most, not. Art is this; art is that. You just can't put your finger on it.July 9, 2009
July 9
I've gotten into the habit of putting a bluish-gray wash onto the canvas before I start painting. Otherwise I put some heavy paint on the plain white canvas and you can see the white behind the paint...and that irks me. >:( It looks amateur to have the bare canvas showing in my opinion, unless you're Edvard Munch. Then it's just brilliant. :D Yes, art is that fickle. It looks good on some; on most, not. Art is this; art is that. You just can't put your finger on it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment