Everytime I finish a painting, I wonder what new project I'll work on next.
I'm getting into brighter colors and more vivid contrasts. I want to paint skies that are tension-filled with energetic forms that still manages to maintain a floating, ethereal quality. It's dramatic, yet peaceful. And I do love to paint clouds!!
God has been shamelessly blessing my abilities. I finish a painting and look at it, and think, "This is the best I've done" and next week I'll finish another painting and compare it to the previous one and think, "That old one looks so amateur comparatively..."
I'm starting to think something needs to be done about this. Of course I'm going to paint more and more, but I'm considering a showing so people who have heard I can paint can see my work in person. A photograph is one thing, but face time with an art piece is something completely different. Just an idea, though.
Random sidenote...I am drinking hot tea whilst listening to solo cello music and watching a gigantic lightning storm roll in. I am content, and when I am content I want to paint.
"Thou, O Spirit, that dost prefer / Before all temples the upright heart and pure, / Instruct me, for thou know'st; Thou from the first / Wast present, and, with mighty wings ouspread, / Dovelike sat'st brooding on the vast Abyss / And mad'st it pregnant: what in me is dark / illumine..." -John Milton, Paradise Lost

No comments:
Post a Comment