It's sketched, and ready to be painted now. :)1)The frame is a dark brown finish, so I'm going to paint in dark earthy tones.
2)Her skin is going to be super pale because the rest of the piece is extremely dark.
3)I think the Liar would look best as a grungy mustard yellow, with vague purple and lime green veins
4)Titles..."Liar"; "The Liar"; "The Liar and the Victim"; "The Liar's Victim" I'm no good with titles. :\
5)It'll probably take - at the least - 5 hours to paint this. I hate dawdling when I've got my palette spread.
6)It's a 18x24" canvas.

Looks like it's really coming along! I really like the idea too. It seems like so many of my friends either have gone through this or are going through this.
ReplyDeleteOne of them just found out that her little sister is dealing with it the same way she used too as well. Please keep them in your prayers.
If you would permit me to encroach enough to suggest the title "The Lair Within". To me, at least, it further explains what is going on in the photo (for those shallow few who will only see a demonic image), as well as inflict reflection upon the viewer.
Keep it up! This is absolutely amazing.
The great thing about this piece is that it can mean so many things to a lot of different people. To a lot of girls, it can be struggling with eating disorders. Or it can be overcoming a drug addiction. We all look at ourselves in the mirror and see something we don't like. And there is always something ready to prey on our frailty.
ReplyDeleteTo be honest, I like seeing it as a demonic image -- in a good way. It's a portrait of spiritual warfare. Either we fight, or we give in and believe what the Liar tells us.