8-hour painting spree today. I started painting the backwash and dark values on it Saturday but I stopped when I became extremely depressed. Somehow I couldn't mix colors right and it was turning out more green than anything...and then I went outside in hopes of painting en plein air but that ended up looking like a three-year-old painted a tree out of memory so I stopped painting and went inside to drown my sorrows in Cherry 7up. Saturday wasn't fun at all....but today is so much better! I finished this painting and it looks awesome...and colorful! I don't paint very much with that whole color thing! I prefer muted grays and browns... :)
June 22, 2009
June 22
8-hour painting spree today. I started painting the backwash and dark values on it Saturday but I stopped when I became extremely depressed. Somehow I couldn't mix colors right and it was turning out more green than anything...and then I went outside in hopes of painting en plein air but that ended up looking like a three-year-old painted a tree out of memory so I stopped painting and went inside to drown my sorrows in Cherry 7up. Saturday wasn't fun at all....but today is so much better! I finished this painting and it looks awesome...and colorful! I don't paint very much with that whole color thing! I prefer muted grays and browns... :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment