My fam and I took this Sunday afternoon to go out to our land and rest in the beauty of nature. :) I wrestled between the harsh reality of sunlight and the freezing cold of the shade and never won, but I DID discover a lot of bones. I love bones. :]I found this sacral vertebrae of a horse and was inspired. I mean -- those holes are the entryways of arteries and tubes of the lymphatic system...can you imagine this bone being wrapped in pounds and pounds of flesh and being pumped every second with gallons of blood? Can you imagine the deepest intricities of the body working within? I am fascinated by it, though I would never study it. To me, it's more of a thrill to imagine this bone helping support the enormous weight of a horse's body.
Sometimes I wonder why I can't be fascinated with lip gloss or hair styling products like all the other girls...

No comments:
Post a Comment