February 15, 2009

Feb 15



I loooove these trees...they're like pink magnolias without leaves. Minimalistic and aesthetic.

I spent an hour or so outside, just sitting and watching. No one is on campus during the weekend, and I get the place to myself. So I take walks with my ipod and sit on tall things like walls or building rails. Height is comforting, because I'm closer to the sky and farther from civilization.

It reminds me of all the things I've read, of how we're not made to live on earth. We're just simply not fashioned to be here....we're strangers in this place. It's so uplifting, to let out a sigh and remember that I was built for something better.

"If I paint the sky with bronze or blanket you with stars, it's not enough to prove to you this love inside My heart."-Showbread

3 comments:

  1. Love this post! My sentiments exactly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love this sketch so much kate. it's amazingly inspiring and awesome. i love how you subtly brought in color blending it with the white. its beautiful.

    ReplyDelete