I was thinking over what my life was like just a few short months ago...it wasn't fun. It wasn't real. And now I'm going to be absolutely honest...because this is what art is. I believe that art that is truly inspired by the heart can reach out to others in ways words can't. But I digress...this sketch is - simply and bluntly - about losing faith. I felt like I had laid myself down in a river of apathy, trying to control roller coaster emotions and thoughts. I admit; sometimes I find myself in that river again struggling to breathe. But I struggle instead of letting the black waters take me to where I don't belong. Months and months ago I would sit outside for hours, contemplating my faith. I would tell God I loved Him, but then I would stop and ask myself if I really did. One of my major pet peeves is hypocrisy; the last thing I wanted to be was a hypocrite Christian. I doubted everything I believed in, so I could sort the dust from the pearls. It was difficult work, and it hurt a lot, but I have the pearls. The dust is swept away, and the scales have fallen from my eyes.I am at peace.

i love this one. it speaks to my heart. i think you captured exactly the feelings and message that you were going for
ReplyDelete