April 4, 2009

April 4

Please don't tell me it's depressing and eery. I'm not obsessed with death...not in the common sense of the idea at least. But I'm not going to waste my time writing out something to be read by a carefree crowd. Ask me about my philosophy and I will gladly tell you. A lot of people misunderstand what I try to say by drawing things like this, and I love a good opportunity to explain myself. Please don't judge my philosophy and my thinking just by the subjects I draw.

3 comments:

  1. This is depressing and eery and you are obsessed with dying/dead things. Of course this is not to say it isn't amazing. Most of the time the realization of such things is needed. Such ideas make people think about their lives just that much more. Because of this you have then played a bigger part in changing their life, if you hadn't drawn something that was slightly eery and depressing the effect would be far less. So such qualities in a painting are indeed good, and bring out the meaning of the painting strongly. I apologize though if by my saying you are fascinated with death over and over has effected you in any negative way. So I take some responsibility for what ever made you feel like you had to ask people to not say it's depressing and eery.Just know, If I say it's depressing or eery, it's just a very weird compliment of mine. And that's about as serrious as I'm going to get for the rest of the week, cya wednesday ;)...

    Apologies,
    Nathan Isfreakincool

    ReplyDelete
  2. No no no, Nathan, you haven't busted my self-esteem by telling me that...I know you're just joking. :) You're Nathan. You joke around like that, and I don't take it seriously. :P
    I am told often that my art is dark and depressing by many people, and I felt like I had to at least try and explain myself. Honestly, I just don't want people to look at this blog and gasp at what I drew and think, "Oh my, she is disturbed greatly." I mean, that tarnishes my whole purpose. I draw, that others might feel. The last thing I want my art to propogate is concerned thoughts on my own well-being.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok good, I'm glad that you know that I am Nathan, and yes that's true.

    ReplyDelete