May 3, 2009

May 3

Okay.
I'm breaking free.
I'm about to embark on an artistic adventure...sort of. This is my fool-proof method of getting rid of artists' block. I put one song on repeat, and just sit and focus on the music. And I mean intense focus on the lyrics, the bass, the drums, the synth, the vocals...whatever it is I'm listening to. And then I paint. I've only done this once before, and I'm anxious to try it again. My art has felt too constricted and too planned lately...it's time to shake it up. :)

Here's the songs I currently really feel inspired by:
  • "Into the Ocean" by Blue October (into the ocean, end it all)
  • "Some Will Seek Forgiveness, Others Escape" by Underoath (hey unloving, I will love you.)
  • "My Heartstrings Come Undone" by Demon Hunter (I will stay with you, decay with you)
  • "Age of Reptiles" by Showbread. (I eat the dirt throughout my days; born of dirt, and in dirt I come undone.)
  • "A Song for Milly Michaelson" by Thrice. (I love the night flying over these city lights, but I love you most of all)

1 comment:

  1. One band that you might want to give a try is Sigur Ros. It's really soothing, but also really different. I don't know if you'll like them or not, but they're worth giving a listen.

    ReplyDelete